Sunday 6 February 2011

the joy of the possibility of dreaming



I was supposed to be studying, but it was a dreamy kind of an evening. The lighting was beautiful in my room, and I was pondering a lot more than I was studying. It does seem that I am just so much better at dreaming than I am at putting a whole load more new and complicated facts into my head - it seems more fun to go on journeys of creating instead! we talked a bit about dreaming this weekend, and I was struck by what a priviledge it is to dream. To be able to hope. We have permission to dream, as children of the King... thats what we were talking about.... and that we can dream with hope. A slave cannot dream, or if he does dream, there will be no hope in his dreams, yet we can dream and ponder with a very real and deep hope.

I have known times where hope seemed to have been completely stolen, and its an almost impossible place to be.  Dreams cant be. So I am even more grateful now, for the possibility of dreams that have hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment